To have a safe district which allows every student to reach his or her academic potential.
The Estes Park School District R-3 Crisis Plan exists to:
- Prevent crisis whenever possible through proactive planning.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of students, staff and the general public.
- Protect individuals and property.
- Coordinate and manage a communications network with appropriate groups and individuals including Estes Park Police and Larimer County Sheriff.
- Dispel rumors and calm fears.
- Encourage a return to normal operation as soon as possible.
- Provide resources to use to give emotional first aid during and after a crisis.