SWAP is a rehabilitation program developed in cooperation with the Colorado Department of Education and implemented at the local level between Colorado Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) offices and Estes Park School District R-3.
SWAP provides a new pattern of services for youth with disabilities with a focus promoting an Employment First approach. SWAP acts as a bridge between the Education and DVR systems enhancing transition service while supporting individuals in obtaining career entry-level positions that advances movement towards self-sufficiency.
Our goals are:
- To inspire, support and promote youth empowerment through employment.
- To expand employment opportunities for youth through vocational guidance, counseling, and job readiness skills.
- To provide access to life skills, education, job training and opportunities critical to success.
- To work in conjunction with the Department of Vocational Rehabilitation to produce independence and self-confidence in clients within their community.
- To engage local employers in a partnership that supports a successful ‘school-to-work’ transition.
- SWAP Participants' Job Titles include: Mechanic, Housekeeping, Stocking, Courtesy Clerk, Wait Staff, Linesman, Child Care Assistant, Climbing Assistant, Cook.
School to Work Alliance Program (SWAP):
Candidates for SWAP are those who are:
- Pre-Employment Transition Services (PETS) to Students with Disabilities
- Between the ages of 15-21 enrolled in secondary education with an Individual Education Program (IEP) or 504 Plan.
- Services to Youth with a Disability
- Between the ages of 15-24 who may be in or out of secondary education
- In conjunction with the following…
- Have mild to moderate barriers to employment.
- Are under or unemployed.
- Are motivated for competitive employment.
- Maintain a positive work attitude.
- Are available for work.
Partner With Us:
The SWAP Program seeks to formalize relationships between schools and businesses/organizations to bring resources together to support educational success in our schools.
Our mission is:
- To mobilize and channel resources into the school system, based on targeted strategic goals.
- To engage stakeholders by serving as the vehicle to foster a greater understanding of the school system and its programs.
- To provide role models for students.
- To enhance communication between the district and the community.
- To promote a positive environment for education and business.
Business partners include:
- YMCA of the Rockies
- Estes Park Mountain Shop
- Poppy's Pizza and Grill
- Stanley Village
- Estes Park Medical Center
- Estes Park Downtown Shops
- and your business!