Those who can, do. Those who can do more, volunteer.
Volunteering gives you the chance to develop personally in many ways. For example, students report that volunteering:
- Adds something special to the student experience.
- Increases self confidence.
- Increases self esteem.
- Gives students a 'feel good' factor.
- Links students with the local community providing networks they wouldn't normally be able to benefit from.
- Gives a chance to escape the student bubble and meet other people.
- Helps students make new friends.
- Adds to a student's level of enjoyment.
- Makes students feel like they are contributing to something of value.
Volunteering is a great way of benefiting the local community. The major benefits include:
- Students bringing enthusiasm and energy to community organizations.
- Students bringing specific skills or knowledge which can benefit local organizations.
- Helping to break down barriers between the local community and students.
- It keeps the thriving voluntary sector in Estes Park strong through the support of student volunteers.
Click here to register as a volunteer or if this is your first time visiting the Volunteer portal. Creating an account will allow you to keep your contact information up-to-date, choose events to work, and record hours spent helping. It also allows us to email potential volunteers about upcoming activities.
If you already have a log in you can click HERE to go directly to sign into your account.
Volunteering is a great way to not only helping the local community, but also to help yourself.