Short-Term Substitute - A substitute on the same assignment or different assignments for fewer than 11 days. The daily rate of pay for a short-term substitute teacher is $100. For a short-term substitute paraprofessional, the daily rate of pay is $80 and for a short-term substitute food service worker, the daily rate is $70.
Long-Term Substitute - A substitute on the same assignment for 11 days to a full semester. The daily rate of pay for a long-term substitute teacher will be $115 beginning on day 11. The daily rate of pay for long-term substitute paraprofessionals is $85 and the daily rate of pay for long-term food service workers is $80.
Full-Time Substitute - A substitute who is initially hired for a full semester to replace an employee on leave. Generally, a full-time substitute is hired for licensed personnel only. The daily rate of pay for a full-time substitute is $145.
Long-term and full-time substitutes are expected to fulfill all of the duties of the teacher he/she is filling in for and may be given consideration for benefits determined by length of assignment.
Responsibilities of substitutes are as follows:
· Dress professionally
· Report to the office of the assigned building at least 15 minutes prior to starting time
· Review the classroom teacher's daily schedule, lesson plan book, seating chart, textbook, and other materials
· If lesson plans are not available or inadequate, contact building principal
· Consider all records and information pertaining to students confidential
· Maintain a professional attitude
· Prepare a summary of work covered and complete necessary reports and grading
· Report any difficulties to the office/or building principal.
All applicants for substitute positions in Estes Park School District R-3 must apply online using Appli-Track: http://www.applitrack.com/estesschools/onlineapp/. Paper applications are no longer accepted for substitute applications.
Thank you for your interest in working in Estes Park School District R-3!